Call for 3 research fellowships for the participation to the National Ph.D. on Artificial Intelligence (Ph.D.-AI) – area Agrifood and Environment at the University of Naples Federico II). The fellowships will be supported by the programme PON Ricerca e Innovazione 2014-2020 – Azione IV.5 Dottorati su tematiche Green, for the academic year 2021/2022 – XXXVII Ph.D. cycle, as indicated by the Decreto Ministeriale n. 1061 issued 10 August 2021.
Deadline for application: 25 October 2021 at 13.00 CET.
Call, forms and application template are available here.
Research themes for which candidates can apply presenting at the oral examination a keyed research project (and associated industries where the fellows will spend at least 6 months for a stage):
1) Development of AI methods supporting industrial development of bio-refineries (ENI: https://www.eni.com/it-IT/home.html).
2) Wastescapes Regeneration: Design and Evaluation Techniques for Operationalizing Circular Economy (ASMENET: https://www.asmenet.it/).
3) Numerical integrated methods of machine learning and data mining for the protection of agroforestry soils from erosion risk (Green Planet – https://www.green-planet.it/).
4) AI applications for the use of volatile organic compounds (VOC) for protection of grapevines and for the improvement of wine quality (Famiglia Cotarella – Falesco – MATERIAS: https://www.famigliacotarella.it/it/).
5) AI techniques supporting plant phenotyping for stress resilience and yield stability (ENI: https://www.eni.com/it-IT/home.html).
Further information are available at the website http://www.unina.it/didattica/post-laurea/dottorati-di-ricerca/bandi-di-ammissione , on Euraxess website, and directly inquiring at the coordinator of the Ph.D.-AI, area Agrifood and Environment, Prof Francesco Loreto ().